Monday, March 7, 2011

My bedroom is FINISHED!

I'm so happy. My room is finally done. It was a lot of work but the room is painted and ready for me to move my furniture in. My mom came over yesterday and helped me edge the entire room and then last night I finished the second coat of paint.
On Saturday I was ready to throw in the towel. I had painted the one wall dark grey (the colour is called Elephant Skin and it's Behr paint). When I went to take the tape off all the edges of the paint came off with it. Huge chunks of white were all around the edges. So, distraught, I called my mom who told me she would come and edge everything for me since she can do it without tape. So that's we did on Sunday. She came over, edged everything - fixed my dark grey wall and I rolled all the other walls (the colour is Behr paint - Silver Moon).
I love the final look - I think the colours look great together and give the room a modern feel. Next I have to figure out the window treatment for the room since it gets a lot of light all day long - I'm thinking white wood venetian blinds to block the sun and then curtains on top but we will see.

2 comments:

  1. how do you like the Silver Moon color? How do you like the Elephant Skin color?

    i'm trying to make a paint decision on my house.

    jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Grey is the prevailing color of contemporary designs. However, I would go for a window treatment that is made of fabric. Blinds are ideal for the type of windows you have. A curtain will create an illusion that your window is narrower. Try vertical blinds because this is what usually looks great with a modern look.

    Lakisha Zimmerer

    ReplyDelete