Saturday, February 12, 2011

Craig's List

I was in Washington when I got possession of my place so my dad picked up the keys for me and went over while I was away. The first thing he did for me was to take down the ceiling fans in the two bedrooms and the kitchen and replace them with lights they had left over from their condo.

Old lights:

New bedroom lights:

New kitchen lights:

In addition to taking down all the fans he also took down the chandelier that was in the main room. Instead of throwing the fans and light out I decided to put them up on Craig's list. Originally I was just going to put the fans up because I thought no one would want the light - but after I put the fans up and realized how easy it was to do I decided to add the chandelier as well - on sale for a whopping $10. Turns out people wanted it - within 2 hours of putting the chandelier up I had three emails. I ended up selling it to some girl who sent her boyfriend to pick it up the next day. He met me in my lobby and I gave him the light - awesome. Ironically I have had no emails about the fans so I will probably need to decrease the price. That's ok I'm in not in a rush - they're just sitting in my storage locker.




1 comment: